All volunteers interested in becoming a volunteer are required to attend a one-time orientation that will include our policies and procedures for volunteering, as well as a hands-on training to learn how to be an effective side helper for those interested in lesson volunteering. Horse experience is not required to be a volunteer in our lessons!
• You must be 14 years or older to volunteer with TRI
• You will be subject to a background check before being accepted as a volunteer. Any concerns brought up by the background check will be discussed between the potential volunteer and TRI’s Volunteer Manager before being accepted as a volunteer.
• You must review TRI’s Volunteer Handbook before attending your first volunteer session with TRI
• TRI’s main form of communication with volunteers is via email so please be sure to provide an email and check for correspondences
• Be aware that volunteering in our lessons is a physical task and you will be asked to walk and/or jog alongside your students on uneven footing
Upcoming New Volunteer Orientations
Trainings are by appointment with our Volunteer Manager at this time
To get signed up, please contact us at SSlepicka@triohio.org or 937-619-7577.
Join our team of volunteers!
For New Volunteers:
For returning volunteers:
Volunteer Roles and Training Requirements: